If you leave the chat or your account is deleted, your files may be deleted for user management and security reasons.
Please check the following for information regarding file deletion conditions.
Table of contents
- When service is canceled
- When a user leaves the chat / a user is deleted from the chat
- When the administrator deletes a user account
- When a user migration is performed
When service is canceled
If you cancel your Chatwork subscription, the files you have uploaded will be deleted from all chats.
In the case of an organizational contract, all files uploaded by users in the organization will be deleted.
When a user leaves the chat / a user is deleted from the chat
When a user leaves a room, all files uploaded by that user will be deleted.
However, for organizational contracts, if a user from the same organization as the user who left is still participating in the chat, the files uploaded by the user that left will not be deleted, and the file owner will be changed to the parent organization.
* "File owner" refers to the user who attached (posted) the file.
Files whose owner has been changed to the parent organization can be edited and deleted by all users of the same organization that are participating in the chat.
Files whose owner has been changed to the parent organization can be deleted from the Folder icon on the upper right of the relevant chat.
When the administrator deletes a user account
The same will happen when an administrator of the organization deletes a user they manage.
* The owner of files uploaded to a direct chat with a user of the same organization will be changed to the parent organization.
* Files uploaded to direct chats with users outside the organization will be deleted.
When a user migration is performed
If a user leaves a chat due to user migration, they will be considered a member of the destination organization at the time of their withdrawal.
Their files will still be deleted even if a user from their original organization remains in the chat.
If there are still users from the destination organization in the chat, the user's file will not be deleted, and the owner will be changed to the destination organization.
* For details, see "About the user migration function".