Users and administrators can disable two-factor authentication.
How users can disable Two-factor authentication
- Open the menu below [username] in the upper right of the chat screen and choose [Account Info] to access the account settings page.
- Choose [Two-factor authentication] from the menu on the left to access the Two-factor authentication settings page
- Change the two-factor authentication setting from “ON” to “OFF.”
- Enter the login password into the password field and click the [next] button.
- Click the [disable] button to disable two-factor authentication.
How administrators can disable Two-factor authentication
The administrator or user administrator can disable two-factor authentication setting of the user according to the following procedure.
- Open the menu below [username] in the upper right of the chat screen and choose [Admin Settings] to access the administrator settings page.
- Choose [User list] from the menu on the left.
- Select [Details] of the user for whom you wish to disable two-factor authentication to access his/her user details.
- Click the [disable] button found in the two-factor authentication section of the user information screen. Note that the [disable] button will not be displayed if the user has not configured two-factor authentication.
- Confirm the details and click the [disable] button on the bottom of the screen.
- Click the [disable]button on the final confirmation screen to disable two-factor authentication.
* All back-up codes for two-factor authentication will be discarded once two-factor authentication is disabled.
* When login is restricted due to a failed two-factor authentication attempt, disabling two-factor authentication will allow the user to login again.