If you lose your mobile device, or if you cannot receive an authentication code with the authentication app or by SMS, you can log into Chatwork using a backup code.
- Backup codes are provided when you set up two-factor authentication, but you can check them on the Two-Factor Authentication page any time.
- You can generate a set of 10 new backup codes any time.
- Once you use a backup code, it will be invalidated, so be careful.
- If you turn off two-factor authentication, the backup codes will all be invalidated as well. If you turn it on again, check for newly generated backup codes.
Checking backup codes
- Access the Account Settings page via [Personal Settings] in the menu below [username] at the upper-right of the chat screen.
- Access the Two-Factor Authentication page via [Two-Factor Authentication] in the menu at the left of the screen.
- Click [Show] for a backup code.
- Enter your login password in the password input field, click the [Next] button, and then you can check the backup code.